Ahhhhh…. summertime treats are here! Apricots, strawberries, blueberries, plums, and peaches make some pretty amazing summertime desserts. None of them are complete until they are given a big ‘ol dollop of whipped cream.
But what is a person to do when they are trying to eat unprocessed foods and dairy in an effort to better their health and overall well being? Does that big ‘ol, delicious dollop of whipped cream have to go away forever?
No. No it does not. (Thank goodness!)
Instead, make up a honey sweetened, vanilla kissed, batch of whipped coconut cream. You may not even realize it is completely dairy and refined sugar free!
Fair warning; you may want to make a double batch of this stuff because it is very addicting.
Also, you do need to plan ahead for this as the coconut milk has to chill for 24 hour in the refrigerator prior to making. However, it is well worth the planning because this stuff is good. Real good. (I keep a few cans in the fridge at all times just in case I want need to make some on a whim)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk. Be sure it does not contain guar gum as this hinders the coconut water from separating from the coconut cream. Purchase full fat coconut cream with no added ingredients.
- 2-3 tablespoons raw local honey
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (no added ingredients– check the labels)
- Place can upside down in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to making. The cream will solidify at the top and the water will sink to the bottom.
- Approximately 15 minutes before whipping the cream, put the bowl you will be using in the freezer to cool. This helps you get volume into the cream.
- When taking the can out of the refrigerator, flip it right side up, open, and drain the water off the (now) top of the can. This makes it much easier to get the solidified cream out of the can.
- Scrape the cream into the chilled bowl and whip on high until light and fluffy. You can use a stand or hand mixer to do the job.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and ¼ teaspoon of vanilla and beat to combine.
- Taste. Add additional honey or vanilla until it is to your liking.
Elwin is also the Founder of Complete Detox Academy, Taoist Health Academy, the Health Coaching Institute and High Energy Academy, as well as the author of 'the Easy Exhaustion Cure' and 'the 4 Step Safe and Effective Detox Action Plan'.
Elwin is highly Enthusiastic about empowering people to feel Energized, Joyful and Alive, Naturally and Sustainably, and has worked over 5 years with over 1000 clients towards this goal. Elwin is particularly passionate about working with clients who are highly committed to reaching high levels of Health, Energy and Wellbeing, by natural and sustainable means.
Elwin has always been interested in Health since childhood. With a mother who had cancer 4 times, and a father with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Elwin is determined to get to the Root Causes of what really creates Disease, and what it really takes to have Outstanding Health and Wellbeing. After suffering from Health Challenges all his life, Elwin became determined, in 2007, to 'Get his Energy back or Die Trying', and, with this level of Resolve, made rapid progress, after a few false starts, which led him naturally, organically, after many requests, to dedicate himself full time to helping others get the kind of Results that he had achieved.