Author, Jodi Picoult wrote, “My dad used to say that living with regrets was like driving a car that only moved in reverse.” Living with regret slows you down and saps your energy. We all have things we wish were different, and regret is a weight that adversely affects your health. So here are ten practical ways to remove regret from your life.
1. Invest your time and energy wisely, so that you don’t create moments now that you will regret later.
2. Take responsibility for your choices. If you decide to change course, do it freely without guilt or shame.
3. Accept that mistakes are part of life. We all make mistakes, so do your best in each moment, forgive yourself if needed and move on.
4. Focus your energy on what you learned rather than what happened to you.
5. Reframe stubborn memories as reminders of how much you’ve grown.
6. Express yourself whenever possible in the moment, so that you don’t look back and wish you’d told someone you love or appreciate them.
7. Make a list of goals and priorities, so you can live intentionally and not look back and wonder why you spent time the way you did.
8. Be really bold. If something needs to be changed, take steps to change it now.
9. Be generous to yourself. You did what you thought best in the past. You do better when you know better.
10 . Keep things in perspective. You might regret something from your past, but it might have brought you more gifts than you realize. Focus on the gifts and it will shift your perspective.
Enjoy the light feeling of being regret free. Its good for your health and your mood.
Elwin is also the Founder of Complete Detox Academy, Taoist Health Academy, the Health Coaching Institute and High Energy Academy, as well as the author of 'the Easy Exhaustion Cure' and 'the 4 Step Safe and Effective Detox Action Plan'.
Elwin is highly Enthusiastic about empowering people to feel Energized, Joyful and Alive, Naturally and Sustainably, and has worked over 5 years with over 1000 clients towards this goal. Elwin is particularly passionate about working with clients who are highly committed to reaching high levels of Health, Energy and Wellbeing, by natural and sustainable means.
Elwin has always been interested in Health since childhood. With a mother who had cancer 4 times, and a father with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Elwin is determined to get to the Root Causes of what really creates Disease, and what it really takes to have Outstanding Health and Wellbeing. After suffering from Health Challenges all his life, Elwin became determined, in 2007, to 'Get his Energy back or Die Trying', and, with this level of Resolve, made rapid progress, after a few false starts, which led him naturally, organically, after many requests, to dedicate himself full time to helping others get the kind of Results that he had achieved.