In recent years there has been a lot of buzz in the holistic health world regarding vitamin D.
And for good reason. We need it for many, many reasons. But more about that later.
Vitamin D is the only vitamin that humans can create in their skin from sunshine. The amount of exposure that is sufficient for us is fifteen minutes in direct sunshine, three times a week (without sunscreen).
Sadly, many people live in colder climates and do not have a constant source of sunlight. If that is the case for you, you can take supplements to get at least 400 IU/day. The thing is, if the sun is shining, even if the temperature is 0 degrees, expose your skin and go outside, you will be able to produce vitamin D. Also, there are some food sources of vitamin D which includes salmon, sardines, beef liver, and egg yolk.
Here is a list of 7 reasons you want to be sure you have enough vitamin D in your system.
1. Sufficient amounts of vitamin D are essential to building healthy teeth and bones.
2. It is vital to support the immune system and helps our bodies be resilient against diseases.
3. Reduces your likelihood of contracting the flu according to a 2010 study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
4. Reduces your likelihood of developing multiple sclerosis according to a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2006.
5. According to 2008 findings published in Circulation, vitamin D will help decrease your chance of developing heart disease.
6. Helps to avoid depression.
7. Linked to increased brain function and better cognitive function.
Elwin is also the Founder of Complete Detox Academy, Taoist Health Academy, the Health Coaching Institute and High Energy Academy, as well as the author of 'the Easy Exhaustion Cure' and 'the 4 Step Safe and Effective Detox Action Plan'.
Elwin is highly Enthusiastic about empowering people to feel Energized, Joyful and Alive, Naturally and Sustainably, and has worked over 5 years with over 1000 clients towards this goal. Elwin is particularly passionate about working with clients who are highly committed to reaching high levels of Health, Energy and Wellbeing, by natural and sustainable means.
Elwin has always been interested in Health since childhood. With a mother who had cancer 4 times, and a father with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Elwin is determined to get to the Root Causes of what really creates Disease, and what it really takes to have Outstanding Health and Wellbeing. After suffering from Health Challenges all his life, Elwin became determined, in 2007, to 'Get his Energy back or Die Trying', and, with this level of Resolve, made rapid progress, after a few false starts, which led him naturally, organically, after many requests, to dedicate himself full time to helping others get the kind of Results that he had achieved.