Magnesium is a vital electrolyte that most people tend to be deficient in. In the US, it’s estimated that 90% of people are magnesium depleted. The main things that deplete it are stress and tension. You need magnesium for many things in the body. Two of the main things you need it for are energy and to relax. Classic symptoms of low levels are; high stress, high muscular tension, low energy.
Here are some simple tips to use in order to increase your magnesium levels. My hope is, by following these tips, you will be able to relax and find more everyday energy.
1. Eat magnesium rich foods — begin incorporating foods such as kelp, almonds, cashews, molasses, buckwheat, brazil nuts, dulse, filberts, millet, and pecans into your daily routine. It is important to note that you should be soaking the nuts in clean filtered water for 12 hours to activate them, then rinse them. This releases enzyme inhibitors, phytic acid. Otherwise, eating nuts may increase your levels but decrease zinc levels which is another essential mineral.
2. Take a supplement — The best kinds of supplements are, magnesium amino acid chelate, liquid colloidal magnesium, magnesium chloride, and magnesium citrate. Be aware– do NOT take magnesium oxide as it forms magnesium hydroxide in the body that can burn the intestine walls.
3. Stop wasting magnesium — Things to avoid in order to preserve levels are: gluten, cooked foods, alcohol, non-organic foods, refined sugar, corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, stress, table salt (use unrefined sea salt), refined foods and coffee or black tea.
4. Use magnesium oil — By eating magnesium rich foods, supplements, and using a topical oil, your levels will be restored quickly. Rub the oil on your feet before you go to bed especially if you have trouble sleeping or your legs twitch at night.
5. Help your body absorb it — Make sure you get enough Vit D3, Vit B1, selenium, Vit E and Vit B6 so what you do take is absorbed into your system.
In addition to these 5 tips, take the time to relax each day. To center yourself, align your priorities and to take good care of yourself.
Elwin is also the Founder of Complete Detox Academy, Taoist Health Academy, the Health Coaching Institute and High Energy Academy, as well as the author of 'the Easy Exhaustion Cure' and 'the 4 Step Safe and Effective Detox Action Plan'.
Elwin is highly Enthusiastic about empowering people to feel Energized, Joyful and Alive, Naturally and Sustainably, and has worked over 5 years with over 1000 clients towards this goal. Elwin is particularly passionate about working with clients who are highly committed to reaching high levels of Health, Energy and Wellbeing, by natural and sustainable means.
Elwin has always been interested in Health since childhood. With a mother who had cancer 4 times, and a father with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Elwin is determined to get to the Root Causes of what really creates Disease, and what it really takes to have Outstanding Health and Wellbeing. After suffering from Health Challenges all his life, Elwin became determined, in 2007, to 'Get his Energy back or Die Trying', and, with this level of Resolve, made rapid progress, after a few false starts, which led him naturally, organically, after many requests, to dedicate himself full time to helping others get the kind of Results that he had achieved.